DC area Camping World no more

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

John & Madonna Hoecke

DC area Camping World no more

Post by John & Madonna Hoecke »

Sadly, for those of us living in and around the metro Washington, DC area, the Manassas, VA Camping World has closed it's doors. The closest Camping World is now in Winchester. The new Roanoke CW should be opening very soon. I guess CW gets more business along the I-81 corridor than they get here in the metro DC area. A real loss for us! I hope the Roanoke store does very well.

Madonna
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Sorry to learn that. The Manassas store was the first Camping World we ever shopped at. If I remember correctly, it opened as a building "partner" to a Fairfax City RV dealer that moved to the Manassas / I-66 location. Is the RV dealer still in business?
Barbara & Ken
John & Madonna Hoecke

Post by John & Madonna Hoecke »

As far as I know Reines is still in business. I'll ask my husband to check it out. He teaches at the community college near there two nights a week. I would be a little surprised if they have closed, but John can confirm either way. I'll let you know.

Madonna
John S.

Post by John S. »

Camping world does not want to share a space with a dealer it did not own. I heard Rines was going to open a parts and rv accessory store in the space. I bet they are missing the 30K a month rent too. The winchester store is much nicer though smaller and the people are very nice.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”