Perma Plate Protection

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

camai7

Perma Plate Protection

Post by camai7 »

Has any one used this product from Siskin Enterprises. A friend had it applied by a RV dealer on his motorhome (non Born Free) and swears by it for aiding in keeping the outside surface of the motorhome clean?
Jim
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

What is it? A wax?

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
norijake

Post by norijake »

A buddy had PermaPlate's Clearplate applied to the high wear areas of his Beamer X5 (front end, door handles, door edges, rear entry, etc) and he likes it very much.

The Clearplate looks like a thin, clear film applied to the surface that doesn't change the appearance at all, though, if you look closely, you can see the edges. It is rather costly but from what I hear, it works to completely stop wear and tear, scratches or road nicks from any kind of road debris - very strong product.

I understand that Clearplate must be applied by someone trained in the process, not for DIYer's. I'm not familiar with PermaPlates other products.
John & Madonna Hoecke

Post by John & Madonna Hoecke »

I've been thinking about having paint protection film applied to our new Born Free. A couple of thousand dollars should cover the cost of treating the hood, front finders and the cab over bed area. 3M makes the one I'm familiar with. Once the coach is delivered (only a couple of weeks away!!) I'll take it to the installer for a quote. I'm sure the film will scratch and haze, but a little plastic polish should keep it looking pretty good. I'll let you know what I find out.

Madonna
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

John & Madonna Hoecke wrote:A couple of thousand dollars should cover the cost of treating the hood, front finders and the cab over bed area.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
grross

Post by grross »

We have used the 3M product. Beware of bugs i.e. the acid from FL love bugs will eat right through the 3 M if you don't clean them off right away.
2008 27' RBRE V-10

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”