32' Rear Queen Walk Around

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

BornFree_n_Now

32' Rear Queen Walk Around

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

8)
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Unsure about the drive train and other specifics including price, but that information should be available in the not too distant future, according to BF
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Yes that is a diesel. That's the duramax chassis. I think I have to get one of those....
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Whoops, Kodiak, my bad! I think they're similar tho. I do believe it is available as a diesel (and that may be the primary engine available in that chassis model.) Oh I can't wait to see it....gonna be at Branson. I might trade up right on the spot. If I do, I'll have an '05 26 RB to trade...with 8,000 + miles on it already! <g> Havin fun.....
Mel Wilbur

32' rear queen bed

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Trisha, save your pennies, I hear the price will be in the $135K range
Mel & Connie
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Even if it's $135K, that's a LOT LESS expensive than a Country Coach . . . which is the only Class A with the quality/safety ratings of a Born Free. We've been considering upgrading to a CC in the future for fulltime purposes.

Trish, did we understand you correctly that this model will be at the Branson Rally? If so, we'll miss seeing it because we cannot attend.

BornFree_n_Now, please keep us posted about this interesting new model.
Mel Wilbur

32 Rear Queen

Post by Mel Wilbur »

The coach is scheduled to be at Branson, see Ed Leswig's posting under BF prices negotiable
Mel & Connie
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Thanks, Mel. Unfortunately, we cannot attend or drop in at the Branson Rally. So, we'll try to get more info about the new 32ft. from Jerry.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I see others have answered about the Branson rally.

I have 2005 26' RB to trade... <g> so it wouldn't be quite as bad. I'd only have to make up the idfference.

However I'm not ready for that yet. I'd like to see them put a number of these out first...and perfect things before I buy. I am still quite happy with the 2005 26' and it will still have plenty of value for a trade in say, another year or so.

I would like them to push just a little further than 32'...to say 34 and maybe even consider a slide if there is still enough CCC left after. But I don't know. Gotta see it first.

I have found my unit quite comfortable, for longer term stays, with full housekeeping, cooking etc, but I am just me and I still have a permanent residence. If that were to change...and I were to do more in the line of snowbirding or fulltiming, I would want the larger unit. Maybe I'll sit down and sketch out exactly what I'd like and see what they can do with it?

I love the kitchen in my 26. However, it would be really nice to have another window that can open somewehre in the back half the rig for air circulation.

I'm going to get some graph paper and see what I can come up with. Anyone know the dimensions of the chassis? It must be a 102' wide with awning... I'm going to do some web surfing to see if I can find out the basic GVWR info on it.

I am seriously attracted to this idea, but I am not in a hurry. I am learning a lot about what works and what doesn't work for me in this unit. And I'm not uncomfortable while learning.

I'll be at Sturbridge MA for the next couple of nights, starting tomorrow... and a day trip to New Britian CT on Saturday. Then back into New Hampshire for another week or so...then I will start ambling my way toward Eureka Springs for the pre-rally rally ... I wish EVERYONE could come, they are so much fun!

Pat-Trish
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Had a short discussion about the 32ft. model with Jerry E. at Born Free today. He said that it's currently "touring" around the eastern states, including the Branson rally, and will end up at Tampa. The purpose of the tour is to get reaction and suggestions from Born Free owners about what does and doesn't work RE: this model.

For those who get a chance to see it, be sure and let Born Free know your opinions. One of the best features about Born Free is that they value owners' comments and suggestions.
LeAnn

slide outs

Post by LeAnn »

The latest information from the company regarding slide outs is that BF is not planning on putting them in. J Dodgen, CEO sent a letter indicating the pros and cons of slide outs and at this time indicated the negatives were greater than the positives. They are always open to customer suggestions, but as far as we know this is not an option.
LeAnn Zogg
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Born Free has told us that the roll bars in the coaches make it very difficult to engineer slide outs. Apparently, slide outs probably would necessitate the elimination of at least one roll bar and that would compromise Born Free's safety features. We believe that there is an additional valid concern about slide outs making the coaches overweight, which is another safety concern. You also don't see slide outs in Born Free's nearest competitor . . . to remain unidentified, but the initials are LD. In a recent article we read, the owner of that company also said that they will not put slide outs in their coaches.
ALAN GROOVER

Post by ALAN GROOVER »

Nice looking Super C coach. Love the Chevy Kodiak 5000.
Trisha, if you want similar information on this type of Super C, I would suggest that you go to Gulfstream's web site for information on their Endura...it has all the weight particulars etc. Also, Big Foot has a great looking Super C...go to their web site also for floor plan information and ideas.
LeAnn

Curious about the 32 foot tour

Post by LeAnn »

What has been the reaction to the tour of the 32 foot coach?

Where is the motorcoach currently? Back in Iowa or spending the winter in a much warmer climate?

Take care -
LeAnn
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

I'd really like to see the floor plan....is that available on any website?

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”