ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mel Wilbur

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

Post by Mel Wilbur »

The Leap'n Lions club has now partnered with the Coach-net Technical & Roadside Assistance program. This affords our members with the same discounted prices that are currently available to select clubs such as FMCA.

For more information go to www.coach-net.com and click on learn more in the club member section at the top of the page. Scroll down and click on join now then scroll down to our club logo where you can click on learn more, enroll or renew.

The club prices include both new members and renewal of current members. Both new and renewals require a club account number which may be obtained by contacting myself or the club secretary.
Mel & Connie
lassen

Post by lassen »

Mel....Yes, I could use the account number. Also I noticed when I clicked on "Emergency Roadside Assistance" I didn't see the Leap'n Lions logo yet.

Thanks.....Jack
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Jack, can't miss the Leap'n Lion here:

http://coachnet.coach-net.com/cnet/mbr/member-join.htm

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

Mel,

Enrolled last night via the internet, and recieve confirmation via E-Mail today. Thanks for your help in the arrangement with coach-net.

Rich
Mel Wilbur

Roadside assistance

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Born Free Motorcoach is now giving buyers of both new and pre-owned Born Free coaches a complimentary one year subscription to the Coach_Net roadside service. As they are also enrolling each new owner in the Leap'n Lions club, those who continue their club membership will be eligible for the club discounted renewal rate with Coach_Net.
Mel & Connie
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

Mel

Did you or any of the other members get any type of Coach-Net plastic club member card? The only information I received was a small booklet that told me what was covered along with a membership number, which should be OK, unless some one ask for a card to run through the machine. Thanks for any advice.

rkd
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Rich,

I did receive a plastic card with our membership number so you may want to let them know you did not receive one. Although the only thing you need when calling for assistance is your membership number I find that having the card makes it easier to keep track of that number.
Mel & Connie
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Mel -- I belive my Coach-net will be up in April and would like to re-new thru the BF Club -- could you E mail me the number that I will need --- thanks Bob Newby
binsjohn

Post by binsjohn »

When our BF was delivered a week ago, we were given the one year complimentary membership. We were told that regular yearly membership cost ~$135, but if we paid for 2-5 additional years right away, we would get them at $89.95 per year.

In the past we have used Good Sam at $79.99 per year and have been more than happy with them. Over the course of three years, we needed a 75 mile flat bed tow for our 35' fifth wheel and two tire changes, each at a distance of about 65 miles from the responding help.

Has anyone had experience with both companies for comparison's sake?

John
Rob

Roadside Assistance Program

Post by Rob »

I have used Good Sam with good results. I currently have it on my 24RB. I am also interested in Coach-net. Would like feedback from others.
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

John & Rob,

After having the Good Sam roadside service for many years we had two poorly handled problems. The most recent was a tire failure on a busy interstate highway. We called Good Sam told them our problem and that we needed a new tire and have it mounted. To make a long story short, 4 1/2 hours later a Ford Taurus drove up with a tire in the trunk for us. So much for Good Sam roadside service.

After doing some research with other club members and talking to the folks at Coach-net we made the switch. I was then able to work with Coach-Net and
obtained the club discount. Having Born Free supply a purchaser this protection was certainly a nice peace of mind thing for them to do.

John, the $89.95 renewal rate will be the same whether you renew for 1,2,or 3 years based on the current rate schedule. The main reason for renewing for longer than 1 year is that you protect yourself from any possible increase during the extended term.

Also FYI if a person purchasing a Born Free is currently a member of Coach-Net Roadside Service, when they receive the complimentary year they should then notify Coach-Net and will be reimbursed for the remaining time on their original membership.

Contact me if you would like any further info on this subject.
Mel & Connie
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

What do you get with Coach-Net that is not available through towing and labor coverage on your autos and BF? I've used my towing and labor coverage several times with satisfaction. My USAA auto policy which covers my two cars and my BF cost $8.00 a year for each vehicle, or $24 total. For that I get unlimited mileage on towing, and/or assistance with other problems on the spot. Every time I've called I've got a timely and appropriate response. You'll remember that I am the dollar saver. I've read Coach-Net's web page and see what they offer. In the opinion of BF owners are the extra's worth the dollar difference ? My philosophy is that I don't buy extended warranties on items that are unlikely to have problems or that I can afford to replace, or insurance to cover an unlikely event that should it happen to me, I can afford. I figure that the money I save by not buying makes me self-insured if, and I say if, I have one of these unlikely events occur. I do not follow this philosophy on health insurance and personal or auto liability.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
ddpjep

Road Service on New Fords

Post by ddpjep »

When I bought my 2008 Born Free, it was on a 2008 Ford chassis and Ford provides road service for the three years or 36,000 miles the chassis is under Ford factory warranty. I have been told that Ford sub-contracts this road service to another department within Coach-Net. When my Coach Net membership came up for renewal, I dropped it because it would just be a duplication of service. I wonder why Born Free would give you a year of Coach-Net when Ford is giving you up to three years?

Dean
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Dean,

I agree with you regarding the Ford warranty but based on the Coach Net basic plan it would appear there are items that may not be covered under the Ford plan.

Benefits Included With YOUR Membership, Available 24/7!
* RV Technical Assistance
* RV Service Appointment Assistance
* Dispatch Service
* Towing
* Mobile Mechanic
* Jumpstart
* Lockout
* Tire Change
* Tire Locator

* Includes all family vehicles owned rented or borrowed
* Includes children age 24 or younger licensed to drive
Mel & Connie
John S.

Post by John S. »

Coach Net will cover one motorhome. Good Sam will cover all of my vehicles. I have had my personal cars towed more than my MH. GS has a gold membership that matches Coach Net as well. I will say that GS and CN use the same people in the same area. The guy I take my BF too for service is a road service guy for both companies. He says they are the same to work for and he sees no difference. Interesting to hear from the guy who does the work.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”