Carbon Monoxide Detector

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Frank

Carbon Monoxide Detector

Post by Bill Frank »

I have a 2006 BF with a carbon monoxide monitor beeping every minute.
The green light is not on, nor was the engine running and all the doors were open. I reviewed the web site postings and learned that it runs on a 9 volt battery and not hard wired. The face plate has an arrow showing "off" and "on" similar to the smoke detector. However, I am unable to unscrew the face plate to change the battery. I recruited my son to try to turn the face plate, but it wouldn't move without breaking it off. Any suggestions?
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

My detector has a small plastic "lock" that is inserted to help hold the cover in place. About the size of a toothpick. It should be visible and can be pulled out using your fingernails. Hope this helps.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Bill Frank

Carbon Monoxide Detector

Post by Bill Frank »

Thank you Dallas, that solved the problem. Due to the location of the detector I was unable to see the pin, but after reading your response I ran my finger around the dector and located the pin.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”