Space Shuttle, Endeavor launch and RV

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mary Ann

Space Shuttle, Endeavor launch and RV

Post by Mary Ann »

Hello All: Although I live in Florida (NW), I have never seen a space launch. I would like to take my RV and watch the upcoming launch. Can anyone tell me how (where) one does this with their Born Free. I have been on the NASA website, and requested info, but there is no place to ask about RVs, but I know I have seen RVs on TV coverage of launches. The phone number for reservations (in general, I guess) does not answer at this time. As a Leap'n Lion, I'm sure many of you have experienced this, and will be my best source of Information. I would greatly appreciate input from one and all.Thanks,
Nathan Cook

Shuttle Launch

Post by Nathan Cook »

We have watched one launch, but were in town and watched from a shopping center. Huge vapor trail. I would suggest that you park in the NASA parking lot and watch from the roof of your BF. Take a chair and have a seat a few minutes before launch. You'll have the best view possible. :D
Nathan
Mary Ann

space Shuttle, Endeavor launch and RV

Post by Mary Ann »

Thanks for your info. Is the parking lot you mention at the NASA Museum?
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Hey Mary Ann, did you get to see the launch and so,if what did you think of it. I have been there for night launches and they are really spectacular.
Mel & Connie
Mary Ann

Endeavor Launch

Post by Mary Ann »

Hi Mel and Connie! Thanks for your question. No, I did not get to go watch the launch Couldn't confirm any places (specific) to go, and didn't feel confident about going that far alone, with just my dog, Sasha. Even though I live in Florida, it is still about a 900 mile trip from my home. Should definitely be traveling now that gas is more reasonable...saw regular yesterday @ $ 1.99! Hope it lasts awhile. Really glad you are continuing as our Leader. you do such a great job! Thanks for your service to us all!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”