2006 Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Roadtech

2006 Born Free

Post by Roadtech »

I am new to this forum and am interested in buying a Born Free. Does anyone know of any changes coming in the 2006 24' and 26' models?
Mel Wilbur

2006 Born Free

Post by Mel Wilbur »

We were at the factory 3 weeks ago and did not notice any major changes in the 2006 models, but have you checked out the special pricing on the 2005 units in stock.
Mel & Connie
mellowbo

Post by mellowbo »

From what I was told the changes are a different color linolium and the TV is a larger flat LCD or LTC (?). Also, I noticed that the consol between the pilot and co-pilot seat is different. Much easier to get in and out of the front seats.
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Sam, this isn't on topic, but I sent you an e-mail yesterday and have a feeling it might not have gone through. Was sending a response from your note in the "traveling with pets" topic.

Did my e-mail make it through?
mellowbo

Post by mellowbo »

Sam Ryan wrote:I was at the factory January 4th, 5th and 6th in Iowa, and from what I noticed there were a handful of changes.

I may have missed an item or two, and my observations are based on differences from my 2002 model Born Free coach.

Mostly tweaks. I had one of the tweaks installed on my coach while there; a clean-out valve on the black water tank. I noticed the exterior decal graphics are changed, more lively, and the Born Free signage is LARGER in size. The carpeting, and floor vinyl, is different, the center console more streamlined, countertops are now solid surfaces. The ultra-leather is only available in a lemon-butterscotch color. A thin-line, flat-screen TV/DVD is now the norm. The pull-out pantries are re-designed. The liquor cabinet under the pull-up table is re-designed. Michelin LTXes are being shipped on the E-450 & 350 Fords there. Outboard mounting of the dual-airlifts have replaced the inboard-frame airbags. This makes more sense than the inboard ones that I had to replace on my '02, with outboard airbags. The generators are not Onan brand. Salon and overhead bunk area, spotlamps have changed. Dinette availability on the 24RB floorplan.
Really sharp-looking Dometic brand refrigeator/freezers, stainless steel faceplated, dual-handled.....(this is great, btw!) Tappan brand microwave-convention ovens. Single handled temperature shower and exterior shower selection levers.
I saw the lemon-butterscotch color leather on the 2005's and really like it. The outside flush out is also on the 2005. Didn't check on the rest.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Don't know about the pantry, but nearly all the rest sounds like things that are on my '05 rig. Didn't like the "butterscotch" color when I got it, but it's growing on me.

I think they've put more of their energy into the 32' rig.

I don't know about Onan generators, but I do know that I am happy with the generac, and a man I dry camped with out in California had a 6K Generac that was the quietest generator I've heard (excepting the 1K Hondas). He ran it nearly 24/7. Kids with computer games. It didn't bother anyone.

I don't have an aftermarket muffler on mine but I'm getting very comfortable using it after that boondocking and the Quartzsite trip. I wish it were just a little quieter. I'll look at sound solutions later... busy catching up on mail etc.

Pat-Trish

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”