HWH Jacks and other useless stuff

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TLBlanchard

HWH Jacks and other useless stuff

Post by TLBlanchard »

Am I the only one who if ordering my BF today would NOT order the HWH jacks, I find them mostly useless.
If your coach is off level more than a little they refuse to go down, they are too long to swing down on the low side. The automatic function has never worked, I feared for my life the several times I tried it, I thought the coach was turning over so I use the manual when it will work.
So I guess that was $ wasted. I also would not order the Kingdome, over 50% of the time I find that a tree blocks the signal- Even if their is only one tree in the camp ground, I got that spot.
Any one else have any useless stuff to gripe about?

Tom Blanchard
hrgermany

HWH and other udeless stuff

Post by hrgermany »

I also have HWH hydraulik jacks and a King Dome antena that I hardly
ever use,but it came with my rig.I wound not buy it again.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BF 26 FT RSB
iowaride

HWH

Post by iowaride »

Maybe we get the only uneven site where ever we go, but we use the levelers quite often. They have really come in handy for us as we don't have to get out in the inclement weather to level up with blocks. We have hydralic, non-automatic HWH levelers. Of course, everyone's needs and wants are different, but we are glad to have the levelers. I just wanted to post at least one postive note about them.

Harrington
2002 24RB 7.3 Powerstroke
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well we have the HWH hydraulic jacks and love them! We purchased the manual control panel NOT the computerized one, so maybe that is your problem.
We have a 24RB and no clearance problems with the jacks.

The Dome sat dishes are quite small and up here in the Pacific NW they don't work well in the trees. We have a Moto-Sat MD500 that works quite well and has a 22" dish that is only 10 1/2" high stowed and raises up above the air conditioner when deployed.

Steve
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Here's my 2 cents 8) I have the HWH jacks & absolutely love them. They were part of the 'plus' when deciding to purchase the RV. I don't use them all the time, but when I need to...there they are...Wouldn't care to be without them... :)
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

We had them on a 35' Holiday Rambler. They were great on the bigger unit, and had they been on our BF I believe I would have liked them. But not enough to have them installed even though we live less than 150 miles from the HWH factory.
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

I thought jacks would be a good addition someday. Our first summer I used blocks to level the RV nearly every stop. Once I took the time to figure how far out of plumb the RV had to be to affect the frig. I don't think I have leveled since. We have just gotten used to living in a slightly tipped RV. One less thing to deal with when setting up or breaking camp!

So now, no plans to ever get jacks. Pretty convinced I wouldn't want the extra weight either.

Can't speak to the dome issue but the newer batwing antenna is nice.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I've never had a MH with leveling jacks, but I always thought I would like them as we seem to be on uneven sites 9 out of 10 times. I did meet a couple with a BF that had jacks and used them, even when level, to stabilize the coach --to keep it from swaying or dipping as they moved around inside. We travel with 5 dogs and when they jump around you can feel the coach move. At night, when they move from the couch to the floor to the bed over and over again, you can feel the dipping and swaying. So, jacks have another use other than leveling. And one good reason to be as level as possible is so water will drain from the shower and sinks.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
bill crommett

Usless stuff

Post by bill crommett »

We have a Kingdome that was on the unit when purchased. The dome is not the problem, it is the "On the go system" that has been found to be impossible to deal with, with all the tinkering and adjusting that makes for a head ache. We didn't realize what a mistake it was until we encountered a family from California at a campsite in Kansas who showed us how easy it was to program their Kingdome. "You just push this button". When I inquired of the Kingdome people in Minneapolis about an upgrade to a single button system, they told me that it was NOT an upgrade, but a downgrade and refused to offer any help. That was when we decided to buy a new antenna and live with what comes over the air. So I canceled my Direct TV account and "lived happily ever after".
We also have learned to live with a slight list, as long as it is no more than the 6 degrees mandated by the refrigerator manufacturer.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

I absolutely detest our Kingdome and it doesn't like me much either. We don't even need trees to be unable to get a signal sometimes! Biggest waste of money in our BF, but since I am the one who wanted it, I am forbidden to get a portable dish. We do really like the newer batwing antenna and found on our recent trip that with an HD television and stations already broadcasting in DTV, reception is really good many more places than before. If only ESPN were a network channel!

Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Jon Pollei

Post by Jon Pollei »

I had HWH Jacks installed when my coach was new at the Camping World in Salt Lake City. I also elected to go with the manual control. HWH standard Class C jacks provide a short shaft pair for the front and a longer shaft pair for the rear. My 26 RB would not alow for the longer shaft on the rear they would hit the holding tank when extended and folding up. CW used another short shaft pair on the rear and made a spacer to alow it to extend lower. It works great. Not only do they allow you to level it also stabilizes the coach.

I had them on a Class A and was spoiled so that is the first thing I Added to the BF after IPD Sway Bars and Bilstein Shocks. :D

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”