Add-a-room

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Qman15

Add-a-room

Post by Qman15 »

Has anyone used the add-a-room attachment that goes under your awning? I understand they are for straight/flat sided RV's but would think you can get them to work for the BF.
\
(my son-in-law) does canvas work so I can modify it to fit if necessary)

I was wondering what options I had to add on a room on the outside of the coach.

Thanks, Jim
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

We had one on our last Born Free (26' RSB). It was very nice, but we found that we seldom used it. The attachments on the Born Free are snap fasteners. The canvas will curve along the side of the coach and there is a "skirt" that snaps along the bottom. If you are going to be staying at one spot for a while, it might be a nice addition. The times that we did put ours up, it was nice to have both a screen room with the ability to zip up the curtains to close it off. We also added a appropriate sized floor mat. It seems to me that it took about a half hour to put it up and the same to take it down.
Qman15

Post by Qman15 »

Thanks,

I was able to buy a new one on EBAY for $150 so I will be modifying it to fit mine with the help on my son-in-law who is in the canvas business.....spring project!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”