new Flat TV

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

hrgermany

new Flat TV

Post by hrgermany »

I have an entertaining center in my BF.I am planing to replace the TV with
with a 19" Flat TV with a DVD player on the side.Any suggestions any body?I try to do this only once.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BF 26 RSB
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Hans, there are actual several threads here on installing LCD TVs in our coaches. Use the search function above and search on "LCD TV" and you'll find some interesting reading.

Good luck!

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Hans, I don't know if you already have the 19" flat panel LCD TV w/built in DVD. But here is one that looks good (built with a high-end Samsung panel and has every input you can imagine) and is priced right:

http://www.favientertainment.com/19_inc ... a-v-bl.htm

Gets great reviews on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-19-inch-Blac ... 189&sr=1-1

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

You might want to look at my post from last summer. (with pictures) I replaced my TV with a phillips TV and Phillips DVD player. It was a very straightforward job.
Ray'n Mary

New Flat TV

Post by Ray'n Mary »

Hans,
Some months ago I junked my 2006 BFT's 12v TV (a real lemon). That TV's built-in DVD player had been nothing but trouble (including ruining some of my DVDs).
I replaced it with the following:

a. A 19-inch "LG" brand TV, with flat (LCD) screen, model 19LG30.

b. A small Coby DVD (& CD)player. 'Can't find the model number, but it cost about $35, and are available everywhere.

c. And, so that we could use the above when dry camping, I installed a power inverter, Samlex-American Model PST-30S-12A, 300W (pure sine wave inverter) . The latter was another of Bill Hemme's excellent recommendations on this forum.

d. A surge protector. APC Model P4. It plugs into the 120v outlet that's built into, and inside, the entertainment center cabinet; no wiring required.

I mounted the DVD player and inverter inside the driver side cabinet door, on a piece of masonite pegboard fastened to the bottom of the cabinet using vibration-reducing mounts.

This arrangement now has several thousand trouble-free miles on it. The LG TV is super, and the cheap little DVD player is as functional as we'll ever need.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”