Damaged tires

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

skimadre

Damaged tires

Post by skimadre »

During a recent trip across Montana we shredded one of the outside rear tires. We slowed down and drove about 30 miles on 3 rear tires. Is there a big risk in driving on 3 rear tires?
Fred and Connie
2003 Born Free 26' RB
Brent

Post by Brent »

It seems the risk is to the remaining tire on that side; if there is enough pressure, temperature and weight to cause a blowout. I've had a tire blow out before and just driven slower so as not to create so much heat on the remaining tires.

Just as a precaution I now carry a bicycle tire pump so I can air up a low tire. Believe me this is not easy and not for any one with health issues.
concerns.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Fred and Connie -- I see you have a 2003 coach -- if you haven't already changed all 6 tires I recommend that you do so before you take any more trips - my coach is a 2004 and I'm having all 6 tires replaced now
whemme

Post by whemme »

I carry a small portable 120 VAC powered air compressor that easily fits in a storage compartment in my Born Free coach. The one I have is similar to this one that is small and weighs only 14 lbs: http://www.tylertool.com/deex125psico.h ... pingdotcom
Attachments
DeVilbiss Excell EXFAC200 Compact Air Compressor
DeVilbiss Excell EXFAC200 Compact Air Compressor
DeVilbiss Excell EXFAC200 Compact Air Compressor.jpg (23.76 KiB) Viewed 5464 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”