City Water Inlet Fitting

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Claudiaj

Post by Claudiaj »

I replaced the check valve this weekend. It was not all the big a deal except the factory had applied so much sealant behind the flange AND in the hole that it was very, very difficult to get the old part to dislodge after unscrewing it. I had to remove the drawers and go in from behind to get the valve to unscrew and dislodge. Also, the new check valve (as shown in one of the pictures from a previous post) needs a male adaptor to work. I'm not sure why the factory put all of that sealant on the flange, because once the check valve is in place there is no water leakage.

I'm not sure why my check valve failed, but the guy at the RV store stated it is common. I use a quick disconnect, so maybe that caused the failure. A lot of work for a $5.00 part.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Me thinks he meant to say fresh water tank. :wink: Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”