AGM batteries

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mockturtle

AGM batteries

Post by mockturtle »

I'm the new owner of a 2000 BF 24RB. I'm getting all new tires this week and also plan to replace the engine battery as well as both house batteries. Does anyone here have AGM batteries in their coach? --Pat
Claudiaj

AGM batteries

Post by Claudiaj »

Pat, I installed two LifeLine AGM 6 volt batteries in my 2005 Born Free about two months ago. They compliment my solar panels. The expense is well worth it.
Tonyg

AGM batteries

Post by Tonyg »

I had Born Free install AGM batteries on our coach when it was manufactured.
I believe they are the 12 volt version made by interstate. I'm very happy with
them They hold their charge much longer than the others and you do not need to worry about cells going dry. Well worth the extra expense.

Tony
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Some interesting reading regarding batteries at http://www.batterystuff.com/tutorial_battery.html
Mel & Connie
mockturtle

AGM batteries

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks for the input! I was also advised today to put in two Trojan 6-volt but not AGMs. So I'm still thinking about it. :? If I don't put in AGMs, I'm going to get a Pro-fill system. I'm going with Interstate for the engine battery. And Michelin tires.
lassen

Post by lassen »

mockturtle.....I changed from the Interstates that came with the coach in April 2006. Switched to the LifeLine AGM 6 volt 220AH batts. and would certainly do it again.

Jack
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
mockturtle

AGM batteries

Post by mockturtle »

lassen, have you had any issues with discharging the batteries more than 50%? That's about the only negative I can come up with, that doing so can reduce battery life. The only negative other than cost, of course! :wink:
lassen

Post by lassen »

No issues for the first three yrs......maybe ask me again a few yrs. down the road. What I really like is the no maintenance, no mess, and the Batt. compartment stays clean as a whistle.

Jack
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
mockturtle

AGM batteries

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks. I plan to get a couple tomorrow.
bill crommett

AGM

Post by bill crommett »

What options does one have in finding a place to purchase an AGM 6 volt battery ?

(This is assuming if the merchant has one , he can also get me another)
mockturtle

AGM batteries

Post by mockturtle »

I'm getting my Optima AGMs at Interstate Battery in Yuma. While I'm there, I'm also getting an Interstate engine battery.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”