Migrating Bumpers, Shifting Shelf Liners and No Exhaust Fan

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

kent0826

Migrating Bumpers, Shifting Shelf Liners and No Exhaust Fan

Post by kent0826 »

After returning from our maiden voyage to Florida in our 2008 24RB I have few recurring concerns.

I noticed that the cabinet door bumpers (those soft clear plastic round bumpers on the inside of each cabinet door) have begun to migrate down and out from behind the door. Even after reattaching some of them continue work their way out from behind the door. Anyone had this nagging problem and found a solution?

We bought shelf/drawer liner (I think from Camping World) and placed it on all of the shelves and drawers. Well they don't stay put - they slide around and dishes and pans stick to them. Does anyone have a better solution?

And finally why isn't there a stove exhaust fan? We do turn on the shower exhaust fan and crack the window over the sink but if you have the door or the large windows open it doesn't work that well. It seems like it would be rather straight forward to install an exhaust fan straight out the side from behind the stove fan. Is there some reason this was not done? Has anyone installed one? Does anyone have a system for minimizing cooking smells from permeating the coach - besides cooking outside?

We love our coach.

Thanks
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Kent -- I suggest you call Kim at the factory and let him know of your problems -- he is very helpfull
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Hi Kent & Abby,
Congrats on your new coach. As for lining the cupboards and shelves, for many years we have used a thin felt type lining material that usually can be found in rolls at Home Depot or Lowes and some auto supply stores. We cut this and attach it to the bottom and sides of all our cabinets. It does take some time but the cushioning effect and sound deadening qualities make it worthwhile in our opinion. To adhere the material we us a spray adhesive (sparingly)

If the above material is not readily available you can purchase stick on carpet tiles which work fine but are usually thicker than the felt type that comes in rolls. The thinner and cheaper the better.

I do not have an answer for the door bumpers trying to escape other than the possibility that Born Free may have gotten a bunch of them with faulty adhesive. As Bob stated, Kim may be able to help.
Mel & Connie
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Good question about the exhaust fan. I've never read on this forum an explanation of why there is no outside opening. On a lighter note a comment about the stick-on door bumpers. Be careful particularly if you take fish oil Omega 3 pills. The door bumpers look like flatened fish oil pills. I dropped a pill and almost swallowed a door bumper. They fall off my doors and cabinets all the time. I just try to stick them back on and wait for them to fall off again and disappear.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

It is my understanding that the maker of the stove hood currently used with the various gauges and switches incorporated do not offer it with an external vent system. If ordering a coach I would check with Born Free for possibly using a different hood that included venting outside. As for the tank gauges my vote is the See LeveL model 709 system. http://www.rvgauge.com/products/model_709.shtml I have installed this unit and am very pleased with it.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”