location of Transfer switch?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

joslef10

location of Transfer switch?

Post by joslef10 »

I have a Born Free 24rb & would like to know where the physical location
of the relay to transfer the landline (110v) to The generator power is
located in my BF.....TNX for any info
Joe Lefebvre 1990 BFrb F450 (Fomerly Bill Hemme's BF}
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

I am 99% sure that Kim Olsen in customer service told me it is behind the converter on our 2006 24RB.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

Joseph,

How are getting along with that coach?

I believe Joe Lucinda to be correct, at least in most of the Born Free models. I know that when I start the generator in my 2002 BF 26' RSB coach, there is a time delay built into the transfer relay of about 20 seconds to permit the generator output to stabilize before the load is switched to the generator's output. I can hear the switchover take place as an audible 'click'.

What I would suggest you do is to drop down the hinged top cover to your Magnetek/Parallax converter/charger and place a ear close to the unit and have someone else start the generator. If the transfer switch is located behind that unit, after a 20 second time delay, your should hear the click sound sound close by.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
joslef10

Post by joslef10 »

Hi Joe & BILL ....Tnx For the info!, I dont always wear my hearing aids &
was surprised to find the xfer sw in the inverter!! Bill, we havent been able to use the coach since early Nov. However I run it around the neighborhood every week, including the gen....Edith has been vy busy wirh our cardiologist. The rig is still doing fine & is the easiest "starting"
Ford I have ever owned. I still have DTV leased & have upgraded my
sattelight, so we are ready to go when she is released!! It has 66000 miles on it now....Thats 13000 more than whrn we bot it! Give our best to
Marilyn & thanks for the inquire....Edith is now 83 yrs old! (She cant read this !!)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”