TV system upgrade

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Roger

TV system upgrade

Post by Roger »

It's about time to bring "Old Paint" into the digital age. What brand of TV
does BF use in their newer models? Has anyone else upgraded their 24RB
to digital? What brand did you buy and how did you mount it?

It appears that there is sufficient room for a 19-22" LCD unit on the wall
next to refrigerator. I'm considering one of those swing out/tilt mounts.

I've ordered a Winegard RV-3095 antenna. It will mount in place of the
old antenna. This on the sloping part of the roof. Has anyone used the
Winegard leveling wedges? Are they necessary?

Thanks, Roger
1999 24RB
Steve

Post by Steve »

Roger,
I've posted a couple of articles on the coach modifications page that address your questions.
The first replacing the CRT TV with an LCD:
http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... php?t=1689
The 2nd Installing a Winegard Sensar III Antenna to replace the factory installed Delta Antenna
http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... .php?t=966

We have a 19" Sony Brevia LCD.
You really don't need the wedges, check out the above projects to see what I've done.
We have a 2005 24RB.
Steve
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Roger

Like you, our BF has the analog TV. Rather than replace the TV, I simply installed a digital converter. Considerably less expensive and just as effective.

Steve W
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
Rob

Post by Rob »

I purchased a 22" Sanyo LCD about a year ago. It fits on the ledge next to the Frig just fine. There are several digital models at 22" available. Sanyo, Vizio has an excellent one and Samsung I believe.

I have not mounted it yet. I place it in the cabover until I can find a good bracket on an arm.

Rob
2003 24RB
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

This past January while in Florida, we purchased a new 20 inch LG TV, and I installed it with the swing/tilt arm, the direct tv receiver fits under the TV. We enjoy it more than the old stationary one that come with the motor home. Good luck on your decision and hope you enjoy the improvement.
Bob Proctor

TV system upgrade

Post by Bob Proctor »

I replaced the original 13" analog TV in our 2002 24RB with a 19" LCD HDTV with a built-in DVD player, and mounted it to the wall (backing up to the side of the refridge) using a bracket that tilts, swivels and goes in and out. To keep it secure while traveling I attached cup hooks to the wall on either side of the TV; I then connect a lightweight bungee cord between them. Everything fits and works fine and gives a lot of extra shelf space next to the fridge. I bought everything at Circuit City last year, but expect that Best Buy or other store would have similar stuff, now that Circuit City is no more.
2002 24RB
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

I replaced my TV with a Phillips 19". I posted all the information (with pictures) on this board last summer. You might want to look for it. The cabinet work was done by a local shop for less than $200.
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... hlight=lcd

This thread has some good info on mounting a digital LCD tv...

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”