HOLDING TANK GAUGE

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mel Wilbur

HOLDING TANK GAUGE

Post by Mel Wilbur »

For all you gadget lovers, here is one that works great. Recently I installed the See Level tank monitor system 709PH. It gives black, grey, fresh, and LP tank readings, battery voltage reading as well as water pump and hot water heater switches with telltale lights to indicate when they are ON. All readings are digital and extremely accurate when properly installed. No sensors inside tanks to give false readings. You can check it out at www.rvgauge.com
Mel & Connie
Don Pederson

Tank Guage

Post by Don Pederson »

Mel: what did you pay for the guage?
Don Pederson
West Palm Beach, FL
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Don, the price was $235.00 for the unit plus shipping from Texas. I don't remember the shipping cost but it was not very much.
Mel & Connie
bornfreetoroam

Post by bornfreetoroam »

Mel,
Did you install it yourself? or have it done?

How hard of an install would it be?
Mel Wilbur

tank gauges

Post by Mel Wilbur »

I installed it myself, not difficult, but it takes some time to run wires and position the sensors correctly. I chose the model with the switches for water pump and hot water heater which does add to the installation time. The instructions are very complete and easy to understand.
Mel & Connie
Dave Koehler

Post by Dave Koehler »

It's been a few years now. Is this system still holding up? Any issues?
Thanks
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Dave, I did have a problem about 2 years ago but the mfg sent me a new control panel (no charge) and all has been fine since. I am very pleased with the system.
Mel & Connie
Dave Koehler

Post by Dave Koehler »

Good to know. Thanks
I am in the middle of repairing leaky tanks and decided the oem rubber plug deal needs to go away.
lassen

Post by lassen »

Dave....I also have installed the Seelevel II system last fall after discussing the unit and the installation with Mel. The Installation is pretty straightforward and by following instructions had no glitches.

I wanted it for the accuracy of the tank and Battery measurments while boondocking, and it proved itself on our trip to Alaska this year. Also, the Alaska gravel roads we traveled, had no effect with the sensor strips being on the outside of the tanks. They are protected by the spray-on undercoating I used per the instructions.

I left my old system intact but it just doesn't come close for accuracy. I also have Lifeline Batteries so with the digital read-out, always knew the
capacity of the 12v system.

Jack
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
JeffatJacks

Re: HOLDING TANK GAUGE

Post by JeffatJacks »

Digging up this old topic in hopes of getting some input on the See Level II tank gauge system. For those that have installed the system, where did you mount the control panel?

We have a 2004 26RB and I'm trying to figure out a good location for the control panel.

Thanks,

Jeff
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”