rv site suggestions in California

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

MB & Tony

Post by MB & Tony »

We will be taking our first extended trip south from Montana using our 26BF during Feb/March/April heading towards AZ/NV/CA. Although we have many questions and much to learn, we have one dilemma. We need to fly to the east coast from Los Angeles airport for 10 days in March and will be leaving our coach unattended. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best/most secure place to leave a coach somewhere in the southern or central CA area? Leaving it at LAX airport doesn't seem to be a great option. We wouldn't mind paying the nightly rate at an RV park if we thought it would be a viable choice. Hearing from another BF owner who has had a similar experience or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks tons....
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Once when we were in Manatoba, Canada we stopped at a hotel near the train station. We talked to the hotel people and told them we were taking the train to Churchill and wanted to leave our RV for a week in their outside (clearance prevented use of inside) parking lot. They had no problem with this and as it turned out, we had no problem either. As they were so accommodating we booked a room for the night befor our departure.
If this, or some other solution does not work for you- send me an e-mail of the exact dates you will want to store your unit and I can make room at my place. The only problem with this is you will have to get yourself to the air port. There are shuttles and airport buses available from here.
Jim
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

It occurred to us that you might consider a storage lot. You might have to pay a 1 month minimum - about $75-$100? The ones we have used seem very safe with gated access, concertina wire and a couple of nice dobermans on night duty. Just an idea.

There's so many great places to visit in CA but we have one favorite we go out of our way to visit every chance we get. It's a county park named Jalama. Rain or shine it is gorgeous and you could be there for the Spring wildflowers. It's not everyones' cup of tea - very isolated, right on the beach just south of Vandenberg and west of Solvang. We'll be there just for a night in early January.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Steve W

storing of 26BF

Post by Steve W »

If flying out of LAX is your only option, would definitely NOT leave it there. A suggestion would be the BF dealership in San Diego and catch a flight out of there for your connection to the East Coast. A second suggestion is using the RV campground adjacent to Disneyland in Anaheim and catching the shuttle bus to LAX. :?

Steve W
Kerry and Kim Martin

Post by Kerry and Kim Martin »

Last year I left my BF at a secure mini storage unit near the airport in San Antonio. Currently our RV is in a mini storage in Las Vegas. We fly back next month to continue our travels. I look for a secure mini or self storage that is walled/fences , has 24 hour coded access plus someone living on site. Cost about 50-60 per month for open site. So far so good. Kerry from Alaska
MB & Tony

rv sites in California

Post by MB & Tony »

Thank you to all who responded with some very viable suggestions. We may simply revise our plans and return back to MT before heading off to the east coast. However, if we do leave our coach in CA, I now have a much better understanding of our options.

With gratitude
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Another option is to find someone who is a fellow bf'eer that has space at their home.

I would offer but I don't have land near there.

Trish
Ralph Strauch

Post by Ralph Strauch »

Marina Boat and RV Storage in Marina del Rey is only a few miles from the airport. Phone 310/823-7979. They have a fenced lot with concertina wire along the top. It looks pretty secure just driving by, and they're in a safe commercial and middle class residential area.

LAX also has a couple of peripheral lots, lots B and C, which will allow RVs. They are fenced and patrolled lots, but I don't know if they're as secure as a storage lot would be. See <http://www.lawa.org/lax/parkingrate.cfm> for more information.

Ralph

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”