bathroom sink

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

David and Susan Bratt

bathroom sink

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

Has anyone had to replace their bathroom sink? Ours looks like it is developing hairline cracks right by the drain. And it also almost feels brittle there. There is no evidence of any leaking (yet).
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
Ray'n Mary

Post by Ray'n Mary »

In the galley sinks (both), but not in the bathroom. Been there since we got it (the BFT). It appears that the crew who installed the sinks pushed down too hard on the flared top of the pvc pipe during installation. Inasmuch as the cracks are very hairline, and haven't enlarged or changed in any way, I decided to put up with it. Didn't want the the hassle of what would probably be at least a day wasted at CampingWorld or wherever for replacement. Besides, my past experience has been that once sinks and pvc plumbing are taken apart for repairs, they never seem to go back together just right (or look sloppy).

Will send you a photo, separately (because I can't find it at the moment).

Ray
PS Welcome back! Thanks for the engaging journals and photos of your European travels this year.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”