Wingman addition to the batwing antenna

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

golferdhm

Wingman addition to the batwing antenna

Post by golferdhm »

Has anyone installed the Wingman add-on to the Winegard batwing antenna on a 26' or 27' Born Free?

If so, does it fit alright and is reception really improved?
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

I installed it on my antenna. The installation was easy. Took less than a minute and no tools needed. I have to say the improvement in reception was fantastic. I picked up twice as many stations and they were all very clear. I would recommend it to everyone.
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

What is the cost of this add on, and where can it be purchased??? Thanks
RVN4US
golferdhm

Post by golferdhm »

They can be purchased at Camping World for under $30.
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Do you think that thing can be bent so the end several inches stick straight up. I have a 2008 BFT with satellite and there isn't enough clearance between the back side of the satellite dome and the front side of the air unit to allow the antenna with the extention to lay down. While my satellite works great that antenna, in my opinion is worthless. Have to almost be under the transmitter to get worthwhile reception.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

dsfriday wrote:...that antenna, in my opinion is worthless. Have to almost be under the transmitter to get worthwhile reception.
I suspect you have some problem, probably a faulty connection or booster. The batwing antenna alone should give you decent over-the-air reception.
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

$26.95 at camping world and $11.00 shipping. I guess I will wait until we get to a Camping World. Thanks for the reply.......
John S.

Post by John S. »

I put the wingman on and went from 7 channels to 13 in east Texas when I was there. Interesting and easy to install. I also put a bead of silicone on it as well to make sure it stayed put.
Guy Carter

Post by Guy Carter »

Mine works great (batwing extension). I have noticed that there is now a slight "whistle" when going down the highway and the local wind direction is generally from my front and right. Not bad, just a little annoying until the wind/road direction changes.
Hawkeye111

Post by Hawkeye111 »

DSFRIDAY suggested that the antenna on his/her BFT 2008 is "worthless". I wonder what is happening there, because our 2008 BFT antenna works quite well if we use the booster that is installed in the over cab space. If not, then I agree, not much happens with the antenna. Could DSFRIDAY not have such a booster installed? or is it not working correctlty? Hope this helps. We have not tried the batwing but might consider it if it increases reception. Thanks to all.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”