Replacing drain valve

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rixname

Replacing drain valve

Post by rixname »

The black water valve on "The Raft" has a slow leak. How hard is it to replace if one has a modest amount of mechanical aptitude?
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi -- If you have the one with the 4 bolts it is very easy to do - just make sure that the tank is empty first then remove the 4 bolts and pull the fitting apart and put in the new valve -- you might not need a new valve - check to make sure that the slide tract is free of any " junk" by scraping the tract taking out anything that might be in it - sometimes paper can get stuck in the tract and not let the valve go completely closed
Brent

Post by Brent »

I agree with Robert - it's not too hard to change out - just follow the instructions closely. I did it about two years ago and it still holds well.

Good luck
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
rixname

Done

Post by rixname »

Thanks for the confidence boosters y'all. I did it, though I had to get more intimate with the drain line than was comfortable.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”