Just Finished Replacing the TV in My 24 foot Rear Bath

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

John S.

Just Finished Replacing the TV in My 24 foot Rear Bath

Post by John S. »

Well, it has taken a bit and I was a bit surprised that my 07 coach had a TV that would not pick up Digital Signals. I looked at the options and found that a new 12 volt 12 is back ordered at BF and that they are 1200 dollars. SO off to Wally World. I purchased a Phillips 22 inch and spent an hour removing and replacing the TV. The Phillips has a great picture and I chose it for a couple reasons but the main one is that the controls are on the right side of the unit so I can use them. I am giving up the DVD player but I can put a stand alone one in right under it. They have some pretty thin ones now. I have added an inverter so I do nto have the need for a 12 Volt unit either. The new TV was much cheaper too. It is 22 inches so it is bigger and fit in just perfectly in the space. I used the existing mounting hardware and slid it back in and tightened the bolts up.

I got 32 digital stations when I turned it on..... Nice.

I can see it from either chair the cab over bed or the sofa..

Now all I have to do is figure out how to remove the 12 volt converter from the floor in the cabinet. It is glued down I think..
Guy Carter

Post by Guy Carter »

I was surprised with the TV, also. However, I took a different route to fix mine. I just got one of the digital converters from Best Buy and it works great. Where I tried it only provided 14 channels, though. I do have to use an extension cord to get the ac power to the converter. Might look at installing this (power) permanently when the weather cools off.
John S.

Post by John S. »

I looked for a converter but then measured the space and found I could use the same mount and get a 22 inch phillips in there. I bought a sony DVD player and can set that infront of the TV if I want to use it that way though I am thinking I will build a small shelf under the overhead cabinets and place it there.

When I was looking for the converter, I could not find one as they were sold out when I was there and the next two stores I went too. I stopped in a walmart and found the TV and DVD so I got it...... Not a bad price and a much better picture...

I will use the old unit as a bigger computer monitor in the grandkids room too.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
IRA HALE

Post by IRA HALE »

WHAT SIZE INVERTER DID YOU USE AND PRO SINE OR MODIFIED SINE. DID YOU USE SATELITE ANTENNA WITH DIRECT TV OR DISH TV? THANKS FOR THE INFO AS I AM DOING THE SAME. :lol:
John S.

Post by John S. »

I used a 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter. I know it is a bit of overkilkl but the cost of a 1000 watt and 2000 watt were the same. I also run cpaps off it all night and do not use any of the halogen lights at night as they use an amp each....

As to direct of dish,. I have direct TV in the Foretravel and at home and the birds are a bit higher in the sky and I think they are a bit more rv friendly. It is just 5 dollars a month to add the RV to the rest of the house.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”