General Question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Roger

General Question

Post by Roger »

Just wondering what others do about these common problems:

Trash (wastebaskets)

Dirty laundry

Regards, Roger
1999 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

We hang a plastic grocery bag (doubled up) from our bathroom door handle to collect our trash, and dispose of it daily.

We collect our laundry in a collapsible mesh hamper until we need to wash.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... mper/24504

Bill
Attachments
mesh hamper.jpg
mesh hamper.jpg (7.74 KiB) Viewed 6499 times
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We have a plastic garbage can that has cut away sides (less weight, I guess) that holds standard plastic grocery bags. This sits on the floor of our shower and is easy to get to from anywhere (our bath door has been changed to a sliding door and is usually open) and simple to move out of the way if we need to use the shower. We also have the mesh folding basket that is kept in the storage space under the closet of our 24 RB. It is easily accessible on the inside from the closet door by the steps and is easily removed when full by the outside storage door. (Since we have done the last five months of our traveling in Europe we have found that some campgrounds charge for garbage collection, but there are many places where we can easily dispose of a bag without any problems. We have also found that many stores do not provide bags, so we are careful to save plastic bags when we get them and also bring along a bag of bags when we return.)
Last edited by David and Susan Bratt on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
Tom and Jennifer Pierpan

Post by Tom and Jennifer Pierpan »

Roger~
This old Mainer's solution: take an empty 2.5 gallon Poland Spring water container and then cut off the end with the spigot and label. Stand on other end, line with small plastic bag and it will fit tightly next to the fresh water holder under the kitchen sink plus the handle on end makes it easy to pull out. Small plastic bags of trash are stored in those 2 compartments in bumper if daily garbage disposal is not available.
Dirty clothes are stored in old pillow cases (color coded) under the bathroom sink~easy to carry out of BF that way. One clever California BF owner we met at a Rally suggested bringing your really really old clothes and throwing them out along the way when dirty!! That sounds really easy!
Jennifer
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I kept a really nice wicker basket from my Mom's and line it with plastic bags for garbage. Emptied daily. It sits next to the coach door, behind the swivel chair. It's a wicker basket and looks fine. It's small and doesn't get in the way.

I use the same kind of collapsible hamper for laundry, and I usually keep it in the shower unless I'm showering. I usually set it on a towel if the shower is wet, but I usually squeegie the shower out when I've used it so it's not a big deal.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”