A Stealthy Born Free?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Peter Robinson

A Stealthy Born Free?

Post by Peter Robinson »

Disclaimer: If you are easily offended by the idea of free camping, the anti logo movement, anti consumptive lifestyle tendencies, rebellion of any sort, or living in the cracks and crevices of society do not read further.

Some of my most remembered camping and motor home experiences were outlaw type experiences. That was before "boondocking" became more legitimate. Many were necessary and a response to circumstances of the time; others were an attempt to live free. Remember the "Born Free" theme song? I remember being homeless in College and sleeping under the bushes in a park in Oregon, parking to sleep in the lots of the expensive National Park lodges while enjoying their dining rooms and lounge areas, van camping streetside right in the middle of Washington DC and watching the lights and the world go by, parking with the truckers, hanging out at the rest area overnight, the freedom of not having to worry about "no vacancy" and securing a site in advance at the end of the day, and the ability to store our RV right on the street in front of our apartment. This taste of freedom has made me admire stealthy RV’s and speculate about stealthyfying our Born Free BFT. But how to do it?

I thought about removing the decals to make the coach look more like a utility truck, Googled “removing decalsâ€
Attachments
Stealthenated BF.jpg
Stealthenated BF.jpg (96.14 KiB) Viewed 21321 times
Camo RVs Merge.jpg
Camo RVs Merge.jpg (89.28 KiB) Viewed 21321 times
Utility BF 2.jpg
Utility BF 2.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 21321 times
Last edited by Peter Robinson on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rixname

Bwahahahaha

Post by rixname »

ROFLMAO!
John S.

Post by John S. »

I may be wrong but I think BR makes units that accompany sensitive cargo for the government. I was in a truck stop one time and I saw them pull in together. The gun was obvious if you know what to look for. ALso the placards on the truck. They are all white and no decals.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Peter,

You may be a little too far out for the BF discussion group of regulars. We wamt tp talk about generators, tires, and where to buy our toys. I look forward to your next post! And by the way, just where do you buy your tires?

For rixname: What does ROFLMAO mean?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

For those of us that are language challenged I use www.urbandictionary.com. In this case click on browse and type in the letters ROFLMAO.
Mel & Connie
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I have found that powerwashing can take decals off. :) I appear to be missing a few on the top of the cap. Since she's not for sale, I've not sweated it. But that 50% opacity thing is truly cool. Except it would make getting hit by another vehicle very easy...because they cant see us when we're 100% opacity.

I often sleep cheap (more like, convenient...and unplanned) at truck stops and wal marts. So far, I haven't felt too endangered.

What gun? <grin>

rofl....is rolling on the floor laughing. mao...that part you'll have to figure out yourself. I can't say it here.
Brent

Post by Brent »

This is an interesting post, thank you.

I probably dry camp or "boon dock" about 95% of the time. Actually over many years I've never had an issue, either from safety or from interference from someone wanting me to move.

The best camouflage may be common sense and common courtesy. I'm not sure of the best defense (not having issues), but I personally take precautions for communication (cell phone and CB) and other obvious options.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”