Mud Flaps

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Norm

Mud Flaps

Post by Norm »

I have a 2004 BFT and the mud flaps [white fiberglass?] are desintegrating. :( Any advice on replacing?
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I have one that is nearly cracked all the way through vertically, too.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

We had the same problem a few years ago. Kim sent me a set of new ones and I replaced them myself. (Very easy).
Norm

Mud Flaps

Post by Norm »

I checked with Kim, but balked at paying price [$50 each I think] for the same type that cracked. I wondered about getting rubber ones [truck types] and cutting them to fit. Mine are 20 X 20 inches.

Norm
bill crommett

flaps

Post by bill crommett »

I better look and see if mine are cracking. Thanks.
Norm

mud flaps

Post by Norm »

I do live at the end of a 7 mile road through national forest with a gravel base, so my mud flaps do tend to get rougher treatment than most. I checked with Ford service and they recommended shifting to rubber; however, I haven't found the 20 x 20 inch size yet.
Dean Gradwell

Mudflaps

Post by Dean Gradwell »

I found a company in Southern Oregon that will CNC cut mudflaps to your specs. They removed the factory mudflaps on my 2004 24 RB using as a pattern cut new ones out of rubber. You can choose either white or black. I went with the black and am very satisified. They now have the file to produce mudflaps for the 24 RB. This is the flap the factory should use. www.duraflap.com.
Regards Dean
2013 Triumph
Norm

Mud Flaps

Post by Norm »

Dean,
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
Norm
lafons

Post by lafons »

Can you tell us what a set cost for your born free ?
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
Norm

Mud Flaps

Post by Norm »

I believe the cost from BF [Kim Olson] was $50 per set as per original equipment. The estimate I got from DuraFlap was [copy]:

With just a plain 4â€
Dean Gradwell

Post by Dean Gradwell »

When I was at Duraflap they showed me a photo of a new bodystyle Born Free with a mudflap that was below the rear bumper and was the width of the vehicle. I think that is what the high quote is for. If you want something that is similar to what comes from the factory it should much less. Mine cost $120 for the pair. They are very good looking with round corners, finished looking in my opinion. Feel free to mention my name so they know which mudflap you want. Of course if you want the big one that's ok too. I thought it looked terrific and if I had a new BF I would consider it.
Regards Dean
2013 Triumph

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”