Road Service for Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

I've just traded my 07 24' RB, for an 09 28' Rear Side Bed, and plan to do lots of traveling. Prior to doing this, I called Affinity Road Service (sponsored by and recommended by Good Sam Club), because my compartment with the two coach batteries was open (I had checked the water levels), and I could not get it to close, even after more than an hour of trying (in my driveway). Affinity refused to send help, since I was not stranded on a road. They said they could provide a private repair service, and I could pay $80 an hour for his service, at the time of service (to him). I pointed out, the rig was not drivable with the compartment door open, and the batteries out, and they said that was their policy. I couldn't believe that, but told them forget it, and now would appreciate input concerning other Road Services from Members, so I can cancel Affinity and get a good Service. I got the batteries in with help I found locally. I've been with Affinity since '05, but had no reason to know how poor their service was. My new rig is in Clermont, and I expect to go there shortly to pick it up. My 24' is already there. Please let me hear your experiences and recommendations.
Mary Ann
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Hi Mary Ann, I sent you a pm, let me know how you make out.
Mel & Connie
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Mary Ann;

I have had CoachNet for many years. Their road service is top notch as far as I am concerned. That said, I don't know how they would have handlled your situation. WOuld be interesting to give them a call and ask them.

They also cover your other vehicles and if you are driving someone else's car, it is covered also.

John
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

John:
Thanks for your reply. I will be checking with Coach-Net, and let you know how that goes. It is good to know how you find their service. I pick up my new rig soon, and am anxious to have it.
Mary Ann
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

The first year I had CoachNet, I owned an Allegro. Went out West and had problems with the transmission. We were in WY and the closest service center was in Billings, MT. They sent a tow truck from Billings (5 hours away) and towed us back to Billings.

After that repair, we were heading home again and got to WY again when the fuel pump stopped working. Again, it was towed back to Billings.

After all was said and done, the tow bill was over $3,000, of which I did not have to pay a penny. Just sign and go.

I got my $79 worth out of that year's membership and was impressed with their service. Had to use them a few times when the battery in my BF kept going dead. Ford finally took care of that. But again, prompt service from CoachNet.

John
Mary Ann

Coach-net

Post by Mary Ann »

Sounds good to me, John. What kind of BF do you have now? I'm anxious to have my new 28 Rear bed on the road. I've loved my 24RB, and the BLT before that. Will be subscribing to a new Road Service within the next few days.

Mary Ann
liginbf

road service from born free

Post by liginbf »

Mary Ann you should get 1yr free w/coach net when purchased the coach,new or used.Check w/Jerry when u pick it up,unless things have changed thats what i received. good luck w/coach
Mary Ann

Free coach-net

Post by Mary Ann »

Thanks! I appreciate the info, and Jerry was the first one who told me this, but said to check with BF Iowa as to whether that offer is still ongoing.
Mary Ann
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Mary Ann;

We have a 2006 26RSB. Fits us and our 2 German Shepherds. Here they are driving and looking for the next doggie park.
Attachments
dogs driving bf.jpg
dogs driving bf.jpg (101.03 KiB) Viewed 11769 times
Mary Ann

two shepherds

Post by Mary Ann »

Enjoyed the photo. My standard poodle, always road "Shotgun" in my 24 RB. A dog or a pair of dogs is great company.
Mary Ann
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

How about six dogs! Total weight around 325 lbs. All abandoned mixed breeds. We vacuum enough dog hair every three days to make another dog - not that we need one. Two have been to 44 states and 10 Canadian provinces. One has not been out of Alabama yet as we rescued her from the road starving and with mange. Some (make that many) would consider us a bit warped, but unless you've had dogs you cannot know the joy and fun of having them around.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Mary Ann

dogs

Post by Mary Ann »

AMEN!

Mary Ann

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”