Black water tank leak

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bogrady

Black water tank leak

Post by bogrady »

1995 BF President

At the seam between the black water tank and the outlet tube I have a leak.

I tried to fix with epoxy but no luck. Any suggestions as to best way to fix the leak are much appreciated.
hrgermany

blackwatertank leak

Post by hrgermany »

There is a special repairkit for plastic tanks made byAP Products "AP90214".
That comes with instructions how to do it.You have to use the epoxy rater fast,because it hardens quickly.Use a small container instead the plastic bag.
bogrady

Thanks

Post by bogrady »

I'll try the Ap product. Still not sure if I should try fiberglass or just straight epoxy.

p.s. do you know Joe Camilleri? He is an old school buddy in Granada hills.

Go Born Free..... good RV company
hrgermany

blackwater tank leak

Post by hrgermany »

I would use the fiberglass cloth and use a small container for the resin,it hardens real fast

Hans Rueckert
Taobeemr

black water tank leak

Post by Taobeemr »

I had a similar problem, but it was near the tank and the outlet tube- I dried the tank out and used epoxy but it leaked again. I applied epoxy again, but went a step further- I got one of those black rubber hollow gaskets (6") from Home Depot, cut a slit and put around the tube with the slit on top. I then used steel fasteners and screwed them on tight. No problems in two years. :wink:

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”