Campclub USA

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jlef123

Campclub USA

Post by jlef123 »

I recently received an offer from the Good Sam Club to join their "Campclub USA". For $39 it seems like a good deal, get half-price rates at some campgounds. Does anyone have any experience with this group and how was it? What about other similar "clubs". Are any worth getting better than this one and which do you recommend?
Thanks
Joel
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
BFrees

Post by BFrees »

Also received the offer and have been toying with the idea myself. Don't have a good plan yet as to how much we'll be using the RV in the coming year.

In the past we've only tried "Passport America" at $44/yr. and it worked out really well for the 2 years that we joined.

We were on the road on several lengthy trips and we recouped our money in no time. The first time we signed up was at a campground in AR or NM and I asked if the discount could be used toward my current stay and they said no problem. We were charged the $44 for the membership and ended up saving $42 off our bill., so for $2 we saved at campgrounds here and there throughout the rest of our journey. Got back way more than it cost us.

The thing with all of these clubs are the restrictions..... length of stay, closed season, no holidays, no weekends, etc. They'll vary from CG to CG, but you find you can hit some here and there, It doesn't really take that many to add up to $39 or $44.

I'd say the Bottom Line is: If you plan to spend a good deal of time on the road it's a great deal. I can see that there may be a possible advantage in belonging to several of the clubs, you'd get a wider selection of CG's.
Ed & Ann Marie
2002 24' RSB
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

We've been members of Passport America for the past 3 years and I have to say that it has saved us a lot of money. Most of the parks that we've used have been very nice.
BonaProf

Campclub USA

Post by BonaProf »

We have not tried Campclub, but we are members of Passport America. We've experienced both excellent and tolerable sites. The parks do cheerfully accept the membership card, but be sure to read the park's description. Some won't accept it at certain times of the year or days and generally limit the stay to a couple of days.

Some of the sites are in mobile home parks, others are RV sites. Regardless, I have not found any that I would want to stay for many nights, but they are generally cheap and clean and a good night's stop.

You can check Passport America's camp grounds on line to see if there are sites near where you plan to go. Certainly worth the membership fee.
jlef123

Post by jlef123 »

Thanks for all your input. Since we plan on doing some traveling this year we will be joining one of these groups. Just have to see which one has the greatest number of choices in the states We intend to visit.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
golferdhm

Post by golferdhm »

I had CampClubUSA for a year, but dropped it when I found (1) that I was very seldom in the vicinity of any of their campgrounds because they weren't near any of the main routes I use when crossing the country from east to west, and (2) the one campground I did stay in was one I would never return to. Perhaps the last was just unlucky, and maybe they have signed campgrounds that are more in the mainstream since I dropped out, but for me it was a big waste of money.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”