Sat/Cable Question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rixname

Sat/Cable Question

Post by rixname »

Does the cable from outside have to go through the VCB (the white box with Ant booster) or can it bypass the box by way of a splitter?
I am attempting to bypass in an attempt to get a sat signal along the existing outside cable connection.
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

You can go straight to your satellite receiver. A satellite receiver puts a 12v signal on the coax in order to power the LNB in your antenna and I don't think that would go through the splitter. I used an A/B switch on mine and it works fine.
rixname

Post by rixname »

Thanks for the info. Did you bypass the "booster box" with the outside cable line by way of the A/B switch? It seems to me that using your model, the "cable" cable would not pass through the booster, nor would it need to. Am I right?
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

Not sure what you mean by the booster box but my satellite input coax goes straight through the A/B switch to the receiver.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”