kitchen faucet

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jobrien

kitchen faucet

Post by jobrien »

Flushing out the water system today, and came across this problem.

I don't get any water out of the kitchen faucet on the hot water side. The cold water side gets decent pressure, and I do get water from the hot side of the bathroom sink and the shower. The outside shower, which looks like it feed off the same water line as the kitchen sink also works.

There are no visible shut off valves that I can see for individual lines.

I'm guessing it's something internal in the faucet, but have no idea how to take it apart. It's the fancy model, one lever with the pull out nozzle.

Any suggestions????

John
Hawkeye111

Hot water

Post by Hawkeye111 »

I doubt very much if the faucet is the problem. They seldom fail. I would look first at the input to the faucet from the hot water side. There is a fitting that has a small screen in it that protects the faucet from getting foreign materials in it. This is easy to plug up and quite effectively cuts water flow. On my BFT this unscrews by hand and is easy to get the screen out and cleaned. Failing that as a solution, I hesitate to ask but is the valve to the hot water heater open that allows water to flow through it to the hot side of the faucet? I have had the screen plug up several times.
By the way, the faucet handle is removed with a small allen wrench and then can be disassembled easliy with nothing but a small scredriver for removing a retaining clip.
J
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Yes, the hot water tank valves are in the right position. I get good hot water at the bathroom sink and shower.

I'll try the connection under the sink tomorrow. Makes sense, but I didn't know there was a screen in there.

Thanks.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”