Children & Seatbelts

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

BonaProf

Children & Seatbelts

Post by BonaProf »

We would like to take our 4-year grandson on an overnight camping trip, but we are not sure if we can do so safely or legally because of the seat belts. It is our understanding that all children's seats must be held in place by a three-anchor seat belt and that children may not sit in the front passenger seat. Since our BF lacks a 3 anchor belt on the rear seats, is there a safe and legal way to travel with a young child?
John S.

Post by John S. »

I think that the captains chairs in the rear of the coach would be fine. The issue is that they are not straight on though. The kids are not seatbelted in a school bus so I wonder how that rule is enforced. Also, a coach has to meet DOT requirements so you should be legal with just the lap belt. It is a risk though as is anything. I know if we were to take our grandkids they would be belted in the seat. The reason for the booster seat is that the shoulder harness cannot go low enough. SO without the booster seat and sitting in the front captain chair facing forward the child should be ok. Also if you push your drivers seat back enough it will not be able to swivel.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”