Damaged Rear Bumper on 26' RB

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

coloradolion

Damaged Rear Bumper on 26' RB

Post by coloradolion »

While pulling out of a roadside parking place in Canyonlands last fall the rear end swung out and clipped a rock. The rear bumper was lifted to the point where it was broken as shown on the photos, and lower corner of coach slightly damaged. Replacement bumper from BF very expensive and delivery 6-8 weeks. Anyone know of a source for used bumper? What are your thoughts on repairing? Thanks.
Attachments
Damaged Born Free 26' RB Bumper.jpg
Damaged Born Free 26' RB Bumper.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
bill crommett

Bumper

Post by bill crommett »

I would take it by a boat repair place and get a quote. Body repair places that deal with Corvettes could also do the repair.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I would guess that any repair facility that deals with fiberglass could do the repair. I wouldn't bother with an expensive replacement bumper.
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Tonyg

Post by Tonyg »

Agree. Had a similar problem a few years ago when I backed into a tree stump. Took it to a body shop that restored corvettes. Reasonable price and looked like new when finished. Cost was less than $400.

Tony
John S.

Post by John S. »

Check out Colaws RV salvage too
http://www.colawrvsalvage.com/
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Dean Gradwell

Post by Dean Gradwell »

I'm replacing rear bumper on my 2004 24RB because I don't like the looks of it. So if it will fit I have one for sale.
Regards Dean
2013 Triumph

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”