Would like dimensions of electric bed mattress

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rob

Would like dimensions of electric bed mattress

Post by Rob »

I am in the process of converting from table and chairs to single bed.

I don't have access to one and couldn't reach Kim at BF today to ask the question.

I know there are a lot of BFT's with the electric beds out there. I want to model the size of the electric bed and bolsters but keep it manual.

Rob
2003 24RB
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Rob;

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I have one for you.

Since you are having this built, why not stick with a standard twin size? Thinking back to when my kids were young, there was also another size smaller than twin, like a dorm or teen size . Can't remember what that was called. The benefit would be standard size sheets and blankets, etc.

I don't know what the size difference would be between the BF bed and the standard size, maybe the BF is narrower?

John
dowellcj

Post by dowellcj »

The mattress area itself is 29" by 75". There is an additional 4 1/2" spacer piece behind the mattress along the outside wall. The bed is narrower than a normal twin bed (36-39"). I would think you could make it a bit wider to increase the comfort. The limiting factor is how much aisle space you want both during the day and at night.
We had the factory replace our captains chairs/table with the incline bed. We use the pull out sofa bed on the other side, and the aisle is still sufficient to walk through when both beds are in use.
We really enjoy not having to have one of us climb up into the cabover bed, and the extra storage overhead for bedding and other stuff is really nice.
Caryl & Tom Dowell
Sequim, WA
2015 Splendor (27 RSB)
Prior coach 2008 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”