portable satellite

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Wayne

portable satellite

Post by Wayne »

I have been looking for portable systems; has anyone tried any brand that is easy and is worth the money? I don't want to add one on top of the BF.

Thinking about VQUBE or Winegard. Suggestions????

Thanks, Wayne
John S.

Post by John S. »

I have a buddy with the view cube and he loves it... It is a bit too large to fit in my outside compartment under the couch. It would have to ride in the rear compartment or inside the coach. It has the issue of being very easy to disappear too. But it works and is easy to set up.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

John S. Here is an interesting article talking about the frustrations associated with satellite dish set up and use. I have no experience with these, so I cannot weigh in on the discussion. Just thought you may find it interesting:

Excerpt: "The result of choosing the roof-top dish was the parking problem and, even more nerve-jangling, the 5 to 30 minutes of WHIRRRR, while the system tried to hone in on the signal … and sometimes failing. It finally got to that point where the marriage was stress-tested"

http://blog.rv.net/2010/06/our-satellit ... -iii-of-3/
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
Rob

Post by Rob »

I have some experience with older dishes that you set on a tripod. Very difficult to align.

I have spoken with a number of vcube users and all said they loved it. The fact that you can move it away from the coach if necessaary is an excellent advantaage. Many RVers mount them on a bracket at the top ot the ladder, removing it when they break camp. I am thinking of doing that very same thing. Many parks have poor cable reception or none at all.

Rob Beery
2003 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”