Installing Pressure Pro TPMS

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

kent0826

Installing Pressure Pro TPMS

Post by kent0826 »

I'm installing Pressure Pro TPMS on my 2008 24RB. I'm having problems with the two inside rear wheels in that the Sensors aren't registering. The "dill valves" on both valve extensions are recessed in the valve stem somewhat and thus installing the Sensor does not depress the dill valve enough to release air. The instruction booklet indicates that this is not unusual but does not offer a solution.

Has anyone encountered this problem and if so what was done to resolve it? Try out different dill valves? I was unscrewing one of the dill values to see if I could bring it further out and noticed at one point that no air was being released even when depressing the valve. How exactly does this mechanism work?

Any thoughts or advice on the matter is greatly appreciated.
Guy Carter

Post by Guy Carter »

When I purchased mine, a dill valve gage was provided with the sensor kit. It was a simple go/nogo gage. If the center of the gage touched the top of the dill valve - all was ok. If not, you backed out the dill valve until the gage would touch it. Then you installed the sensor. I would guess if you can't back out the valve far enough, try replacing the dill valve. The dill valve is very important in that it lets you put air in the tire and also let it out. Replacing it means letting all the air out by removing it and then screwing in a new one. If that doesn't work call the supplier/manufacturer and ask them about it. Perhaps the sensor isn't built to standards?
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

I experienced this problem and after changing most of my dill valves, I have come to the conclusion that all dill valves are not made to the same specifications. They are easy to adjust or change if you get the tool for unscrewing them and have an air compressor; if not have a tire shop do it. I recently had new tires put on the rig and I asked the shop about the dill valves. They told me they used special ones made for use with TPMS systems and I managed to talk them out of a few extras. They worked much better than the ones I had gotten at NAPA but I still had to adjust them a bit.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”