Leaky Louvers

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

karls

Leaky Louvers

Post by karls »

While sitting out a cloud burst along I-80 last summer I noticed a stream of water coming out under the refrigerator and spilling on the floor. I then realized how the woodwork close to the floor on our (new to us) 98 24RB got stained.

The source of this nuisance was the outside lovered access door for the refrigerator. Although the louvers will shed rain that is more or less vertical, they can't handle wind-driven downpours and washing, and this leads to deterioration of the wood below the refrigerator as well as interior damage around the floor.

The easy fix would be to cover the slots so water stays out, but the refrigerator needs a convective air flow to operate so that isn't the answer. Instead, I fashioned a baffle from some aluminum I had laying around, and now the compartment will stay dry in a hurricane while allowing air flow for the fridge.

I don't know how to post photos here so I'll be glad to forward e-photos to anyone, or you can explain to this computer tyro how to do it, or I can send the photos for someone else to post.

Karl Striedieck
Willie

Leaky louvers too

Post by Willie »

Karl
I, too, have strong evidence of water leakage from the refrigerator compartment - haven't actually cought it but have had a wet carpent in the area undeneath. While in storage I have covered the access door with plastic sheeting and that has helped but I have wondered what to do while traveling and using the frige. If you have a solution I. for one, would be very interested. I have a '04 Built for Two but I don't think there is a significant difference in the refrigerator compartments.
If you are unable to post your remedy on this forum I would appreciate an e-mail to GWillieB@kc.rr.com. (I hope you are not inundated with requests as I think a lot of us must have this problem.)
Thanks - BILL

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”