Looking for a clean used 22 Built for Two with twin beds.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Charlie & Nancy

Looking for a clean used 22 Built for Two with twin beds.

Post by Charlie & Nancy »

We are wanting to downsize from our 32' motorhome and are looking for a used Born Free in excellent condition. We would prefer a Ford 22' w/two beds, generator and air conditioner. Thanks! Charlie & Nancy
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

It ain't exactly near you, but there is such a unit located on the Born Free dealer lot in Clermont, FL. Look at http://bornfreemotorcoach.com/preowned.php?id=272 for a complete description and price.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Charlie & Nancy

It looks great, but $66,000. is more than we want to pay for a used one.
Anyway, thanks for your help. Any more suggestions?
charlesbell

Post by charlesbell »

Although you would have to swap out the two chairs and table for a bed, my previous 2006 BFT that's on the lot in Clermont was used very little (used mostly as a mobile office), has low miles, no pets, kids or smoke, and was frequently stored indoors. Also, custom paint and many upgrades including Fiamma awning. It was my baby.
Charles / Cape Canaveral, Florida 2013 23FL
Rob

Post by Rob »

Charlie and Nancy,

Let me put my 2 cents in. I purchased a used 2003 24RB from a private owner in May 0f 2008. It came equiped with the table and chairs and the sofa on the passenger side. We chainged out the table and chairs for a bed. It made all the difference. Changed the interior usability dramatically.
The reason I pose this relates to the pluses found in the 24RB.
1. Far superior rear bath that is not wet like the BFT.
2. Kitchen counter space is much better.
3. More storage, the extra 2 feet makes a big difference.
4. Holding tanks have more capacity
5. The 24RB has been their most popular model for years and therefore more used in great condition are available.

I would be glad to share my conversion and any questions you may have.

Rob Beery
robbeery@hotmail.com
Charlie & Nancy

Thanks for all the help...we located one and purchased it. It's a 2008 BFT.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”