PD 4655 Converter and pendant installation

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

PD 4655 Converter and pendant installation

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Last week I installed the PD4655 converter in my 2001 BF 26RSB. It was an easy install although not quite like the one illustrated on this web site. I took Bill Hemme's technical advice and did not replace the DC fuse board --

http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... php?t=2482

--instead ordering the remote pendant (Charge Wizard) from Progressive Dynamics as Bill reccomends. Cost of the PD92201W pendant, modified to fit the PD4655 converter, was $21.95 including shipping.

As an aside I learned something about the remote pendant. The instructions state you can hold down the button and cycle through the three settings. This is true, but in my case it only became possible AFTER the converter charged my batteries, shifted to maintenance mode and then to the third setting -- storage mode. Now I do have override and can shuffle through the settings and select one manually.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”