Suggestions for small improvements inside BFT w/twin beds?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Charlie & Nancy

Suggestions for small improvements inside BFT w/twin beds?

Post by Charlie & Nancy »

Since we purchased our 2008 we are looking for ways to improve it.
We always like to customize the inside of our motorhomes, so if you have suggestions for small improvements that you have found to be helpful please feel free to e-mail them to us...even pictures would help.

We will be installing a back-up monitor (wired) that we have ordered.

We put a "floor" inside the compartment under the sink.

Made an oak handle for the inside of screen door.

Would like suggestions, if anyone has come up with a good way to cover the screws that show on the galley walls.

Ours did not come with travasaks, so we might be making something similar w/a foam pad to sleep on. Any suggestions here?

We saw one that had oak flip-up extensions on the cabinet walls by the head of the beds. Is that a good idea?

If you have added electrical outlets, where did you locate them...(my husband is an electrician).
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

As far as the travasaks go, I just made our own. We bought two complete king sized bed sets on sale. I shortened the quilt about a foot, folded it in half and added a 9 foot zipper. Then I took the flat sheet, folded it in half and stitched the bottom and a couple of feet up the side and then added velcro to hold it in place along the open side and bottom. For about $40 dollars plus the zipper, we have a travasak, sheet and two pillowcases and a bit of unused fabric x2 that I will turn into little dresses for africa.
I have also made several little pockets with a strip of velcro on the back. These stick nicely to the fuzzy walls and hold pens, nail files, ear plugs, etc. where I want them.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”