changing to LED bulbs or lights

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

hrgermany

changing to LED bulbs or lights

Post by hrgermany »

I am trying to save battery power by changing to LED bulbs or lights.
Just finished reading 57 pages on RV NET relating to this subject and already
learned a lot.The bulbs are no are no bargains.Has any body done this?

Hans RUeckert
26 FT RSB
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

I changed the lights in the storage spaces as a while back there was a post about a near fire when the light was left on for a long period and something was close to the lens and it partially melted. I can't find my notes as to which website I used to find the bulbs but I remember it wasn't very hard to get them. I haven't had to change the running lights yet but would seriously think about it for those in the cabover area. Neither of these changes would be to save power although that would be a secondary benefit. I checked out a kit to use LED's for the main cabin reading lights but decided against it when it became apparent I'd have to change the fixtures too.
wxtoad

LED Lighting

Post by wxtoad »

The Lazy Daze folks have recently started a new FAQ-type site, which includes a good article on replacing interior light bulbs of all types with LED bulbs. It includes links to suppliers. The article can be found at:

http://lazydazearticles.blogspot.com/se ... 20Lighting
TLBlanchard

LED Lighting

Post by TLBlanchard »

I changed several of the most used lights in my 24RB over to LED and am very satisfied. I can't remember what the brand of the LED lamps are but I purchased them at a rally in 08 I think.
The light is as bright as the double tube florescent and the amp usage is much better.
If I need to replace any more of the florescent tubes I will just do the switch to LED as needed, can't afford to do it all at once.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”