JACK antenna

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rpc

jack antenna

Post by rpc »

I've heard the jack antenna is superior to the bat-wing styles, and the jack is on my 24RB, BUT this summer when many with bat-wings had TV, I was reading! I got either no signal or one that was constantly breaking up. This was in coastal Maine and in north-central PA.

In other areas TV reception was very good. Not sure why.

Renee
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Renee,

It is a known fact that in Maine Border Collies interfere with TV reception. Their hair seems to cause a static discharge that is attracted to TV's where the antenna enters. The static discharge evidently is not strong enough in other states to cause interference. Type of antenna may make a difference. I read this on the Internet.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

While top-side cleaning my coach I took a couple of pix of my Jack install.

Deployed

Stowed

The Jack will not stow between the frig vent and AC. I have had no problems stowing it sideways.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
lafons

Update

Post by lafons »

After almost one year with the Jack installed I must report I am very, very disappointed. The reception is very poor unless you are right on top of a station. In towns it works well but if not I get nothing. Would not recommend it to anyone.
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I have no good track record yet. My only trips this year have been to areas where TV reception was non existent or very limited. I spent last winter in several areas in south Fllorida with friends that had the Jack. At that time I had the Winegard with the Wingman attachment. My reception was fairly good, but they consistently had better reception than me even though my antenna was higher than there's.

Folks on other forums have reported mostly good results. I suspect that people who have had problems may have some wiring issues.

I purchased the Jack for about $45 so if it doesn't work out it won't be a huge loss.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”