installing drain hose for roof air condensate

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jeffcarp

installing drain hose for roof air condensate

Post by jeffcarp »

We are loving our new 2011 22' RSK so far after about 1400 miles. My only complaint so far is how the condensate from the AC unit is allowed to simply dump to the roof, which then lets it drip down the side of the coach. My minor concern with this is the water running down the side of a nice clean coach. My bigger concern with this is that depending on how precisely level we are sometimes gravity dumps the condensate on the non-utility side, often in front of the coach door. In a campground that has dirt and not gravel, a muddy mess near your entry door is not fun to deal with. I wish Born Free would pipe that condensate down to the ground underneath the coach somewhere.

Does anyone know how the condensate leaves the roof top air conditioner? Does it dump out in a way that I could attach a rubber tube and at least direct the condensate always spill out the utility side of the coach?
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”