Our beautiful Bailey Boy

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Nancy

Our beautiful Bailey Boy

Post by Nancy »

has gone to the Rainbow Bridge....I have been devastated since July 13th. We only had him 19 months and put so much time and money into him to make him happy and healthy. He was a product of Hurricane Katrina and had so many health issue and among them heart worm positive. He was finally 100% healthy, HW-, happiest furbaby ever.

As we were getting ready to feed Bailey and Katie I picked up their bowls with their food in them and was walking to the screen porch, bowls in hand, Jim opened the sliding door to let them out, Bailey sat at the door, stood a little on his back legs like a kangaroo, fell sideways out the door and fought like hell to live for 1 minute. I was screaming at him to come back to me, don't go, but he was gone. I have been a complete basket case since then and have a daily meltdown missing him. He took more than a "PIECE" of my heart, he took a whole bunch of it.

But we have rescued another....

I felt so empty, lost, heartbroken that on July 22nd we opened our hearts to another that needed a good life. I drove down to Gulfport, MS to meet my friend that we got Bailey from (NOLA/ New Orleans Lab Rescue) and brought home AUGIE....we were going to rescue in August so decided on AUGIE, but we got him in July, but oh well. We call him Augie Doggy (remember the cartoon Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy?) He is helping our hearts heal, one day at a time. He is about 3-4 years old and a freakin ball nut. Never had one with so much energy, but he is keeping us young and active.

Augie's first time in the BornFree....and Katie said he can stay.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I am sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your new 'babies'! When we lost our nearly-fourteen-year-old pug to a brain tumor we were heartbroken. After waiting three years, we adopted Bucky and he has been a wonderful companion for me as I have 'lost' my husband to Lewy Body Dementia, though he is still alive and now in a nursing home. I visit him twice a day but he hardly knows I'm there. Bucky is my best friend.
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

So sorry for your loss. That's why our 24RB "Rover " is named "Rover." They just get ahold of your heart and never let go.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Nancy;

Sorry about your loss. Have been there a few times myself, and it never gets easier.

Sounds like Augie got real lucky with his new home :lol:

Rescues make the best friends.

John
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Nancy, I got weepy when I read the subject line because I knew what was to follow. Bailey was beautiful, as are Augie and Katie. What pets give to our lives is only truly understood by the huge void that they leave when they are gone. Enjoy Augie and Katie and the comfort and companionship you give each other.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
JanetG

Bless you

Post by JanetG »

Bless your hearts! I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet! Glad you did the right healing thing,, get a new pup to steal your heart ;)

happy travels!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”