Dinette

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mockturtle

Dinette

Post by mockturtle »

Does anyone have a photograph of a dinette [rather than the pull-down table and swivel chairs] in a 24RB? And does anyone know if there is storage under the seats? Size of table? Thank you.
whemme

Post by whemme »

I don't have a photo of the optional dinette set replacing the two captains chairs in a Born free motorcoach, but I have copied the small line drawing of the dinette set from the factory website.

I did have their dinette set option in my first 1999 Born Free 24' Rear Bath motorcoach and it did have a pull out storage drawer under each of the dinette seats. As I recall at the time, the dinette set was a no cost option in trade for the two Flexsteel captains chairs.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (18.93 KiB) Viewed 9178 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks, Bill. I have seen the diagram but never a photo of a dinette in the BF. Nice to hear there are storage drawers. If/when I do order another 24RB I would want the dinette instead of the swivel chairs, which I have now.
Ann P

Dinette

Post by Ann P »

Hi- I have a dinette in my 2008 24RB. The seats are covered in microfiber ($) , with a storage drawer under each booth. I really like it, more than the 2 chairs and little pull-up table I had in my previous RSB. The dinette table has more room for a laptop and work materials, and 4 cozy people can sit together for a meal.
I can email you a photo of my dinette and check the measurements , if you still want that. I think the dinette was an added cost, as an option, but you should check with Born Free.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks, Ann! I'll PM you.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Ann: I sent five PMs to you this morning because they aren't going through, apparently, even though it tells me they have been sent. At least, they do not appear in my 'sent' file. Just want you to know I got your informative PM this morning and found it very useful. Thank you!! :)
whemme

Post by whemme »

mockturtle,

Wanted to let you know how sent PM works on this forum. When you send a PM to someone, it will sit in the Outbox waiting there until the recipient actually downloads and opens it up. When that happens, then your sent message will appear in the Sentbox but not before. This way, when your sent PM appears in the Sentbox, you know that the recipient has received and read your PM.

You most likely did not need to send your PM 5 times.
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

OK, Bill--that explains it! Different from the RV.net forum in that respect. Now I feel like a complete idiot for inundating her with posts. :o Sorry, Ann!
whemme

Post by whemme »

I have found a good photo of the dinette set option that I selected and was in my prior 1999 Born Free 24' Rear Bath motorcoach. See the photo below.
Attachments
Born Free Dinette Set.jpg
Born Free Dinette Set.jpg (73.13 KiB) Viewed 8737 times
Last edited by whemme on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

That's great! Thanks, Bill!
whemme

Post by whemme »

Kim Olson at the Born Free factory has just sent me the following photo of the dinette set option that has been available for the last 3 or 4 years. It is called the Villa Dinette. Thanks to Kim for providing a photo of this dinette option below.
Attachments
Born Free Villa Dinette Set photo.jpg
Born Free Villa Dinette Set photo.jpg (77.28 KiB) Viewed 8655 times
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”