Exterior Trim Molding

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Zuse

Exterior Trim Molding

Post by Zuse »

I have a 2004 26' RSB Born Free.
The exterior edges of the wheel wells are trimmed with 1/2 inch wide black-chrome-black channel trim molding.
On a recent trip I lost the molding on the right rear wheel well.
I asked Born Free who the manufacturer is and was advised the Born Free did not install trim molding on 2004 models which surprised me as the edge of the wheel well mud guard is very rough and unfinished.
I have been to Pep Boys, Auto Zone and other part stores with no luck.
If you are familiar with the trim can you please advise who manufactures it?
Thanks, Larry
larryazuse@embarqmail.com
Virgil and Anne Dutton

Post by Virgil and Anne Dutton »

If I understand your description correctly, that sounds like the same trim Born Free used on the raw edge at the front of my rear bumper. If so, Born Free should have some of that. Otherwise, any store which specializes in automotive paint and trims should have it. We have a store here in Mesa, AZ, called "Space Age Paints" (I believe) whom, I'm sure, would have that trim.

Hope this helps,
Virgil
2006 22 ft BFT diesel
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Zuse

Post by Zuse »

Thank you John, Virgil,
I appreciate the information.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”