Douglas & Naco, Az.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

dsfriday

Douglas & Naco, Az.

Post by dsfriday »

Anyone with first hand knowledge on these two destinations? This winter, on our way to points farther West, would like to golf for a while in each. Would this be a mistake? Know, other than golf, other actives limited, but that's all we would do. How about the security issue that close to the border?
Virgil and Anne Dutton

Post by Virgil and Anne Dutton »

I wouldn't be too concerned about going to those places as long as you stay in areas with other legal people. Most of the violence is between drug runners and other drug related activities. However, we no longer go into Mexico like we used to. Also, I am not as comfortable camping, hunting or exploring in southern Arizona like I used to. A lot has changed there in the last few years and it is quite pitiful. That is a very beautiful and unique part of our state.

Virgil
2006 22 ft BFT diesel
jeleuen

Post by jeleuen »

Douglas has a municipal golf course with full hookup camping. When we were there eight or nine years ago it was only a 9 hole course. We were last there in March 2010 and it had been expanded to an 18 hole course. You can check out the Douglas, AZ city website and get more info. It was a neat deal and the prices were reasonable. Plus some of the campers were there for the golf and it was quite sociable. There are also things to see in Douglas and surrounding area. We didn't worry about being close to the border. Just use common sense. Highly recommend Douglas. Also recommend making advance reservations as Winter is the high season.
The more the government provides, the more it is our Master.
Ann P

Douglas & Naco, AZ

Post by Ann P »

Hi- I've stayed at the RV park in Naco several times; was just there in April. It's a dusty, basic place across the street from a golf course. It's close to Bisbee (great town), has cheap Passport America rates in the off-season, staff is friendly, and is an easy walk across the border to Naco, Mexico which has a very popular dentist for Americans. It can get cold and windy there in the winter (Phoenix area is warmer) , but seems to be popular with the golfing crowd anyway. See www.rvparkreviews.com
for opinions on any of the AZ snowbird parks. Naco is worth a visit but I wouldn't want to stay there very long in winter- it does snow in Bisbee; springtime is more pleasant. Douglas is a bigger town but hardly cosmopolitan. But they are still decent hideaways .

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”