Repair service in Canada

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mel Wilbur

Repair service in Canada

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Has anyone had the need for repair service while traveling in Canada and if so what was the outcome.
Mel & Connie
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Mel;

Several years ago I was with a group at a rally near Quebec. One of the attendees had a problem with his water heater. The campground recommended someone who came to the site to repair it. He fixed it and all was well.

The bad part of the story is there was some hassle with either paying for it or having to claim something coming back across the border. I will check with him and see if he remembers what it was and let you know.

Happy holidays.

John
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Pretty much the same problem. Had a water heater tank replaced in New Brunswick. Don't remember how I paid for it and I wasn't even aware that I might have had to declare it when I crossed back into the U.S. No problem with repair, and as I recall reasonably priced.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Mel -- My experiences have all been in the Western Provinces and have NOT had any problems . Mostly I dealt with Ford dealers. If you want more info call me. I hope to go back to Alaska next summer for my 7th time. Do you want to go along? -- Bob Newby
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Checked with my friend. The thing was that he could apply for a refund of the sales tax he had to pay up front.

He never did, as I guess most people wouldn't bother with.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”