We've turned another of life's pages...

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

norijake

We've turned another of life's pages...

Post by norijake »

After a combined total of about 60 years in aviation, my wife (flight attendant) and I (pilot) have hung up our wings and retired from the flying game. We were also sailors since 1978 spending a lot of time cruising Florida's extensive coastline; but last year we decided to leave "enjoying" the rigors of the sea behind in lieu of pursuing "land yachting."

A few days ago we bought our first motorhome, a 2004 26' Born Free RBFE. We have found numerous similarities between the the two (or three activities :) ) but, believe me when I say the learning curve, once again, is very steep. It's sort of like checking out in a new aircraft :?

We love our new-to-us MH and can't wait to start seeing some of the USA from ground level that we saw so often from the air.

Our license plate (speciality plate - Florida Salutes Veterans) is "SAL J." If any of y'all happen to see us, please stop by and say hello. I'm sure we'll have a few questions about RVing in our BF that you can help us with.

BTW, if Sam Ryan reads this post, I bought the Born Free from Charles Avery. He had posted a pic of a 707-320B with Presidential markings and Sam quipped that Air Force 1 looked to be a nice MH and wondered about the power. I flew the 320 as well as the hotrod version, the 720. From the size and shape of the T/C cowling atop number 2, I'd say the power was P/W's, probably JT3Ds, a very safe and reliable powerplant capable of thousands of mx-free hours of operation, very much like the Born Free I understand :D .

Jake
2004 26' RB
Mel Wilbur

new owner

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Jake, welcome to the born free life on the road. Be sure to check out the upcoming rallies as this is a great way to obtain tons of information from your fellow owners.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”