7.3 liter Powerstroke engine leaking motor oil.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

The Libals

Post by The Libals »

I would advise watching your EGT's and keeping a close eye on that HPOP if it's leaking because if it gets bad, your injectors will not fire properly due to low oil pressure feeding them. (I am assuming that is the high pressure pump you are talking about because that's the only one I know about on top of the engine that feeds high pressure oil). The other thing that can happen if the leak gets too bad is that the reservoir in the pump will get too low and you all of a sudden just won't be able to start the engine. If you start to experience this, you may be able to get it to start by cranking it in cycles to build up enough oil in the reservoir again to get the engine to fire. If and when that happens, fix it right away or it will strand you.
randallrae

oil leak

Post by randallrae »

Service Rep at Ford dealer says they often leak from the valve cover gasket, also it is very important to test your antifreeze each oil change to see if it needs additive.
2012 25' rb
delrob

Post by delrob »

I must be doing something right, 130,500 miles on mine with nothing except a shredded serpentine belt at about 80,000 miles. Wow and I didn't buy any of those fancy gauges that Ford didn't equip our powerstrokes with either!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”