BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I just purchased the IOTA DLS-55 amp power converter with built-in smart charger controller (IQ4) to replace my Parallax 7345. Once it arrives, I be busying myself with Bill Hemme's conversion procedure (altered for the IOTA vs. the PD9160A, of course).

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

bcope01 wrote:I just purchased the IOTA DLS-55 amp power converter with built-in smart charger controller (IQ4) to replace my Parallax 7345. Once it arrives, I be busying myself with Bill Hemme's conversion procedure (altered for the IOTA vs. the PD9160A, of course).

Bill
PROJECT COMPLETE (and no cuts or bruises, either :wink: )! Thanks, Bill Hemme!

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Tim and Mia

Post by Tim and Mia »

I completed the conversion to the PD9160A a couple of months ago.

All thanks go to Mr. Bill Hemme. An easy to understand step by step procedure to completing the conversion (even with pictures) made the job, while challenging, a pleasure and gave me a sense of accomplishment as well.

Many thanks for your ability to clearly explain in detail.
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

John: Two 6 V batteries connected in paralell gives 6 V to the system, but when connected in series the system will see 12 V , the same as with properly conected 12 V batteries. So, the parralax will think that you have a 12 V battery just the same.
Bill
Jon Pollei

6 Volt Batterys

Post by Jon Pollei »

Bill Got It Thanks.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”